The ECF is looking for an Communication and Advocacy Officer (Internship)
The ECF secretariat is composed of a small but dynamic and multi-task team, responsible for the implementation of the work programme and the day-to-day management of the network. We are currently seeking an intern to assist the secretariat team in the field of policy and advocacy development, working in close cooperation with the network member organisations and partners.
Joining the ECF staff team based in Paris, the intern will contribute to the network communication and advocacy:
- Support internal working groups on (1) Civic participation and (2) Civic Education and provide technical and policy assistance to develop monitoring tools on civic space developments across Europe (asses the state of the freedom of association, freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of expression);
- Contribute to the drafting the monthly newsletter in English (monitoring European policies and agenda and writing articles particularly in areas such as justice, fundamental rights and citizenship, civil dialogue, transparency)
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual magazine “Activizenship”
- Contribute to the preparation of the European Civic Academy (to be held in La Rochelle on 8-9 October 2016)
- Graduate of European Studies, Political Science or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of the European Union and its policies
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and French
- Computer and social media literacy;
- A first experience within NGO/volunteering sector would be an asset
TEMRS AND CONDITIONS
- internship convention by a French university needed
- Length of the internship: 3 months (renewable)
- paid internship according to the French law
- starting date: 27 June 2016
- the intern will be based in the ECF office in Paris, located 167 bd. de la Villette
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and a CV in English to Alexandrina Najmowicz, ECF Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Please send your applications by e-mail before the 16th June at the latest.
You can find the original call by clicking here.