Who we are?
The European Civic Forum (ECF) is a transnational network that brings together over 100 associations and NGOs across 27 countries in Europe and is actively working to promote civic and popular ownership of Europe, to foster citizens’ participation and the emergence of a European public space where the role and influence of civil society are fully recognized though the setting up of a genuine European civil dialogue.
What we stand for?
Since its creation in 2005, the European Civic Forum has been particularly working to:
- Enable civic participation through citizens’ associations and movements for a Europe grounded on Equality, Solidarity and Democracy that guarantees effective access to rights for all
- Support the structuring of European civil society movement through alliance building, collective thinking and joint campaigning for the common good
- Fight for the institutional recognition of civil society through the setting up of a genuine European civil dialogu
How we take action?
- We connect civil society actors transnationally and cross-sectorally through conferences, forums, alliances, working groups
- We participate in civil dialogue structures at European level
- We run campaigns for the recognition of civil society organisations in the policy making process at European, national or local level
Please feel free to visit our website and read our last annual report for more information about ECF and our activities.
Joining the ECF staff based in Brussels, the candidate will join the team under a Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle (for further information, see here) for 6 months. His missions will be to:
– Contribute to the development of European projects, mainly to support the implementation of ECF awareness raising “Make Europe Great for All” campaign in 2018-2019 in the perspective of the forthcoming European elections, by defining the strategy and action plan;
– Support the implementation of specific activities throughout the campaign, notably the Action Day “No Day Without Us”;
– Develop the existing alliances and networks in which the ECF is engaged, contribute to expanding and mobilising the network;
– Develop advocacy tools and key messages, in relation with the Communication officer;
– Monitoring EU developments in the area of fundamental rights and engage stakeholders in policy process;
- European Studies, Political Science or equivalent
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English (working language)
- Able to work in autonomously
- Knowledge of the European Union and its policies;
- First experience of volunteering within NGOs sector and/or European environment is highly appreciated.
NB: the applicant must have completed her/his studies or must prove that she/he is not registered in any European University during the duration of the contract.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The intern will join the permanent staff team based in Brussels’ office (Rue de Pascale 4) and currently composed of a Communication officer and a Research and Advocacy officer. This position requires travelling across Europe from time to time.
Fixed term contract 6 months renewable, starting on 1 October 2018.
1,000 EUR gross salary per month.
- Working hours
Full time position: 38 hours per week (5 days), office working hours 9.30 – 18.00 (from Monday to Friday). This position requires some flexibility of working hours, mainly due to traveling.
Please send your application (CV and covering letter in EN and/or FR) by e-mail to Alexandrina Najmowicz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 10th 2018 at the latest. Please note that we will be able to contact only short listed candidates. Interviews with selected candidates will take place between 13 and 20 September 2018.