Deadline: 10 April
Are you a professional in administrative and financial management, bilingual in French and English, and would you like to put your skills to good use in an organisation working for a fairer world? Then this offer may be for you.
The European Civic Forum (ECF) is a transnational network that brings together over 100 associations and NGOs across 27 countries in Europe and is actively working to promote civic and popular ownership of Europe, to foster citizens’ participation and the emergence of a European public space where the role and influence of civil society are fully recognized though the setting up of a genuine European civil dialogue.
The ECF secretariat is composed of a small but dynamic and multi-task team, responsible for the implementation of the work programme and the day-to-day management of the network. Team spirit, empathy and care, mutual respect and trust are values at the core of our work with others, within the secretariat, the governance team and the wider network!
Key financial operations tasks
- Budgetary control and monitoring of expenses and accounting process, including the ordering, processing and payment; preparation of invoices;
- Carry out budget monitoring and steady reporting in close collaboration with the Secretary General. Assist in the preparation of financial reports, reconciliations and audits, liaising with ECF external accountant and auditors;
- Coordinate reporting of projects and grants, including collection of timesheets, invoices, and receipts; calculation of hourly rates; and preparation of financial reports in line with EU standards and requirements in collaboration with the Secretary General;
- Ensure a monitoring of calls for projects and other fundraising opportunities
HR and administrative tasks
- General administration and office management (filing and archiving documents online and offline, travel and accommodation bookings, liaise with landlord, office supplies,);
- Human resources, (relation with social secretariat, salaries, leave requests, meal vouchers orders, drafting contracts, Prevention and Protection at Work reports, well-being at work policies etc.); support the Secretary General in the design of the HR strategy.
- Support the administration of new contracts for employees, consultants, and interns, and ensure the efficient and timely management of ongoing contracts, including the payment of payrolls, and staff and contractors’ reimbursements.
- Train staff members in administrative and accounting procedures and ensure compliance with Belgian law;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the ECF secretariat, including governance, project and working groups meetings;
- Oversee the filing and archiving of financial and administrative documents and prepare and distribute memos and reports;
- Support the Secretary general and the team in developing and implementing the organisation’s Code of Ethics.
The job description gives a general outline of the main tasks and responsibilities and is not exhaustive. As multi-task position, it includes the possibility to contribute to other ad-hoc projects and support your teammates as necessary. This may include assistance with events management and logistics or other tasks according to the candidate profile.
- University degree/diploma or equivalent working experience (3 to 5 years) in managing day-to-day administration, ideally in a multi-cultural, NGO environment, as well as in project management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English
- Sound knowledge of Belgian employment policies and laws
- Good literacy/numeracy skills
- Good IT skills (Microsoft 365, Office Pack, etc.)
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good team player skills including commitment and flexibility
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow-up on tasks – comfortable in setting and sticking to own deadlines and responding to others’
- Ability to work independently and propose new actions when appropriate
- Ability to work with staff at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Interest in the civic sector, advancing civil and human rights
- Ability to work within a European membership-based organization
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Location: Brussels office, rue du Congrès 13.
Reporting to: ECF Secretary General, based in Paris.
The ECF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to workplace diversity and inclusion of people from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply!
Duration: permanent, full-time position.
Working hours: Full time position – 38 hours per week (flexibility in the organisation of working hours both timewise and remote/office presence).
Remuneration: based on the candidate’s experience, plus 70% of public transport within Brussels, pécule de vacances (holidays bonus) and end of the year bonus, meal vouchers.
Annual leave: 20 days of annual leave, plus one week during winter holidays. Bank holidays that fall on Saturdays or Sundays are recovered.
To apply for this position, please send us your resume and motivation letter at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 10 April. Position to start ideally in May 2023.