Human Rights Cities Network webinar to mark the 75th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
A great opportunity to engage in order to share on human rights practices! On the 7th of December at 15:00 we are pleased to hold an online event on “Equality and inequalities in urban context”.
The UN Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty, Olivier De Schutter, Poverty & inequalities in urban context, the Universality of HR in the UN System
- The role of a mayor in promoting human rights at local level,by Mr Ricardo Rio, Mayor of the City of Braga/Portugal and President of the Global Parliament of Mayors (GPM)
- LGBTIQ rights in the city of Cologne,by Mr. Andreas Wolter, Deputy Mayor of the City of Cologne/Germany
- How LGBTIQ rights contribute to city to city cooperation, by Mr Sebastian Bartsch, Chair of Cologne Human Rights City Initiative/Germany
- The challenge to put human rights into practice by Mrs Joana Ivarsson Vitório, Strategist Social Sustainability and Human Rights, City Council of Lund/Sweden
- Monitoring human rights to improve equality in cities by Mrs Margarita Spasova , Acting Director of the Human Rights Cities Network (HRCN)
- Frédérique Hanotier, a senior expert in human rights and governance.