European Civic Forum (ECF) is a pan-European network of more than 100 associations and NGOs across 29 European countries. Founded in 2005, we have spent nearly two decades working to protect civic space, enable civic participation and build civil dialogue for more equality, solidarity and democracy in Europe. Our diverse membership includes:
- national platforms of NGOs uniting hundreds of thousands of NGOs, human rights advocacy, and campaigning organisations,
- big federations of associations deeply rooted in local constituencies,
- small organisations working in their communities or engaging people on local issues.
In view of replacing a leaving staff member, we are looking for a Network development coordinator, operational as soon as possible.
Team spirit, empathy and care, mutual respect and trust are values at the core of our work with others, within the secretariat, the governance team and the wider network. We are looking for a Network development coordinator to support us in our organizational development and growth.
The Network development coordinator’s responsibilities include team and programmatic leadership, coordination and capacity building, membership and fundraising. Ultimately, you will ensure our organisational strategies and processes run smoothly and that we can be productive, efficient and effective in our daily work.
You are a senior practitioner within the civil society environment, with at least 5 years experience in coordinating a network and developing organisational strategies? You are a responsible leader, with an analytical and strategic mind and an excellent team member? You are motivated to work for a Europe that enables civil society to thrive and act for change? This offer might be for you !
The position is part of the management team together with the Secretary general and the Policy and advocacy coordinator. The Network development coordinator will be reporting to the Secretary General.
Membership policy and development
- Coordination of statutory affairs: declarative obligations in relation with the French, Belgian and EU law, organisation of Board meetings and General Assemblies, election of governing bodies
- Revision and implementation of the membership policy
- Strengthening outreach, participation and capacity-building within the network members
- Development of membership campaign to attract new members
- Coordination of internal working groups or task forces
- Coordination of capacity building activities (trainings/webinaires etc.)
Organisational development, fundraising, grant and project management
- Contribute to the organisational development strategy
- Grant management (operating grant and project grants): bids preparation and submission, continuous / final reporting, exchanges with donors etc.)
- Management and planification of the re-granting mechanism
- Coordination and implementation of fundraising strategy
- Line management of the office manager
The job description gives a general overview of the main responsibilities and is not exhaustive. As a multi-tasking position, it includes the opportunity to contribute to other ad hoc projects and to support your teammates where necessary.
Experience and background
- University degree or equivalent validation of professional skills
- Professional experience in network coordination and membership management in a multicultural NGO environment
- Experience in facilitation, capacity building and training
- Experience in EU project management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, French is an asset
- Organisational and planning skills, including the ability to plan activities that achieve long-term strategic goals
- Strategic thinking, analytical and decision making skills
- Good team spirit, commitment and flexibility
- Ability to work multi-task under tight deadlines and follow through on tasks – comfortable setting and meeting own deadlines and responding to those of others
- Ability to work independently and propose new actions where appropriate
- Ability to work with staff from diverse backgrounds
- Interest in the nonprofit sector and the promotion of civic and human rights
- Ability to work within a membership-based European organisation
- Good numeracy and IT skills (Microsoft 365, Office Pack, etc.)
Full-time position (38 hours per week – 2 days of teleworking) based in our Brussels office, rue du Congrès 13.
Type of contract: Open ended contract (CDI).
Remuneration: 3800€ gross per month. ECF offers an attractive benefits package, including a 13th month salary, lunch vouchers, an additional 5 days of holidays per year and full coverage of public transport in Brussels. We offer a motivating working environment within a great international and multi-cultural team.
Deadline for applications: 31st December 2023
Position ideally to be filled as soon as possible according to the profile of successful candidate. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FCE is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace and the integration of people from different backgrounds, abilities and experiences. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Find the full job offer here