The ECF secretariat is composed of a small but dynamic and multi-task team, responsible for the implementation of the work programme and the day-to-day management of the network. Team spirit, empathy and care, mutual respect and trust are values at the core of our secretariat and governance team! We are currently seeking a part-time (24 hours/week) administrative and financial officer for our Brussels-based office, able to work effectively in French and English.
Key financial operations tasks
- Maintain streamlined financial and accounting procedures, including the ordering, processing and payment; preparation of invoices;
- Contribute to the running of ECF financial operations by compiling and monitoring the association budgets and preparing accurate financial reports for the Secretary General, reconciliations, and audits, liaising with ECF external accountants and auditors;
- Provide support to fundraising and reporting, including collection of timesheets, invoices, and receipts; calculation of hourly rates; and preparation of financial reports in line with EU standards and requirements in collaboration with the Secretary General.
HR and administrative tasks
- General administration (filing and archiving documents online and offline, travel and accommodation bookings, liaise with proprietor, office/kitchen supplies, cleaning company and other suppliers);
- Human resources (relation with social secretariat, salaries, leave requests, Sodexo orders, drafting contracts, Prevention and Protection at Work reports);
- Support the administration of new contracts for employees, consultants, and interns, and ensure the efficient and timely management of ongoing contracts, including the payment of payrolls, and staff and contractors’ reimbursements;
- Ensure proper office management, provide administrative and logistical support to the ECF secretariat, including governance, project and working groups meetings
- Oversee the filing and archiving of financial and administrative documents and prepare and distribute memos and reports;
- Contribute to project planning, record-keeping, and other general administration tasks.
The job description gives a general outline of the main tasks and responsibilities and is not exhaustive. You will also contribute to other ad-hoc projects and support your teammates as necessary. This may include assisting with events management and logistics or other tasks.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing day-to-day administration, ideally in a multi-cultural, NGO environment
- Sound knowledge of Belgian employment policies and laws
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English
- Good literacy/numeracy skills
- Good IT skills (Microsoft 365, Office Pack, etc.)
- Experience in event organization and preparation
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good team-player skills including commitment and flexibility
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow-up on tasks – comfortable in setting and sticking to own deadlines and responding to others’
- Ability to work independently and propose new actions as appropriate
- Tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to work with staff at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Interest in the civic sector, advancing civil and human rights
- Ability to work within a European membership-based organization
Please send your CV, covering letter and references in EN by e-mail to contact[at]civic-forum.eu by 20th May 2022 at the latest.
Please note that we will be able to contact only short-listed candidates for interviews.
Online interviews with selected candidates will take place in French and English in the second half of May 2022.
See the full job description here: Administrative and Financial Officer