You have recently completed your studies and want to have a first professional experience in Brussels? Join our team and get the opportunity to know more about civil society organisations and the European affairs.
Who are we ?
The European Civic Forum (ECF) is a transnational network that brings together over 100 associations and NGOs across Europe and is actively working to promote civic and popular ownership of Europe, to foster citizens’ participation and the emergence of a European public space where the role and influence of civil society are fully recognized though the setting up of a genuine European civil dialogue.
What do we stand for?
Since its creation in 2005, the European Civic Forum has been particularly working to:
- Enable civic participation through citizens’ associations and movements for a Europe grounded on Equality, Solidarity and Democracy that guarantees effective access to rights for all
- Support the structuring of European civil society movement through alliance building, collective thinking and joint campaigning for the common good
- Fight for the institutional recognition of civil society through the setting up of a genuine European civil dialogue.
How we take action?
- We connect civil society actors transnationally and cross-sectorally through conferences, forums, alliances, working groups
- We participate in civil dialogue structures at European level
- We run campaigns for the recognition of civil society organisations in the policy making process at European, national or local level
Please feel free to visit our website and read our last annual report for more information about ECF and our activities.
The ECF secretariat is composed of a small but dynamic and multi-task team, responsible for the implementation of the work programme and the day-to-day management of the network. We are currently seeking an intern to mainly assist the secretariat and support ECF development, working in close cooperation with the network members, relying upon and strengthening their experience and expertise to develop projects, campaigns, policy papers and reports.
Joining the ECF staff team based in Brussels, the intern will contribute to:
- Support the organisation of activities foreseen in the ECF work programme, mainly :
- Set up and editorial content management for “Civic Space Watch” – online tool for monitoring the state of civic space in Europe, in articulation with “CIVICUS Monitor” and ECF members and partners
- Set up and development of a transnational debate and awareness rising campaign in the perspective of the forthcoming European elections
- Contribute to media outreach (contact files, press releases, social media, etc.) ;
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual magazine “Activizenship”
- Participate in public events at local, national and European level
- Contribute to the drafting of European project proposals
- Graduate of European Studies, Political Science or equivalent
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English (working language), good command of French appreciated
- Knowledge of the European Union and its policies
- Experience in working in the NGOs sector and/or European environment is highly appreciated
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 6 month paid internship in the frame of a CIP – Convention d’immersion professionnelle
- starting date: as soon as possible
- the intern will be based in the ECF office in Brussels, located 4-6 rue de Pascale, with travel opportunities abroad.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and a CV in English to Alexandrina Najmowicz, ECF Director (email@example.com).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Please send your applications by e-mail before 23 October at the latest.