The ECF secretariat is composed of a small but dynamic and multi-task team, responsible for the implementation of the work programme and the day-to-day management of the network. Team spirit, empathy and care, mutual respect and trust are values at the core of our work with others, within the secretariat, the governance team and the wider network!
We are currently seeking a communications and campaign officer with good knowledge of EU policies, institutions and functioning and first-hand experience in the NGO sector, able to work effectively in English (other languages are an asset).
The communication and campaign officer will be reporting to the ECF Secretary General, under the coordination of the Communication & Membership coordinator and contribute to support ECF Brussels office in improving the visibility and outreach of ECF activities. The post holder will particularly focus on external communication and outreach-related tasks but will also support the background research related to ECF advocacy. He/she is a creative person, with an appetite for graphic design, transmedia and visual communication.
Improve the visibility of the European Civic Forum, the Civic Space Watch and related ECF work through digital communication and social media, press relations
- Curate and create written and video content: writing articles, newsletters, communications materials, videos and interviews for Civic Space Watch and ECF website, social media channels
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an organisation-wide communications, media and PR strategy to disseminate ECF work
- Design, or manage, in relation with external service providers, graphic content in line with ECF visual charter (to be renewed)
- Maintain up to date records of communications, analytics, data basis of contacts and monitor any known outcomes and impact of communications. Produce reports and analysis about communications for grant reporting.
- Support the building of campaign strategies.
- Develop communication and community-building for the Civic Pride Campaign.
- Contribute to project planning, record-keeping, and other general administration.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience of working in communications in a multi-cultural environment
- Interest in the civic sector, passion for advancing the cause of civil society and human rights
- Sound knowledge and interest in the functioning of the EU and its policies
- Excellent writing, story-telling and analytical skills (the working language is English)
- Ability to analyse complex sets of information and reveal trends
- Proven ability to produce meaningful and high-quality communications for a various range of audiences
- Experience of working with relevant communications channels (mailchimp, social media)
- Excellent command of graphic design tools (Indesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro…)
- Experience of writing website content and using web software
- Social media proficiency and community building tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Adaptability, high level of autonomy, good organisational skills
- Knowledge of another language is an asset
See the complete job offer: Communications and Campaign officer.
Interested in joining us? Then apply by sending CV and covering letter in EN by e-mail to ECF Director, Alexandrina Najmowicz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 13th July 2022 at the latest.