The European Civic Forum is hiring! We are looking for a Civic Space officer, to join our Brussels-based secretariat under a CIP (Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle) for 6 months. The civic space officer shall support and contribute to the ECF work of research and advocacy on civic space and democracy-related issues.
- Daily monitoring of relevant issues linked to civic space and democracy;
- Write weekly updates on the developments of civic freedoms in 8 European countries as part of the ECF research partnership with the CIVICUS Monitor;
- Support external communication (update the Civic Space Watch website with articles and interviews, preparation of newsletter, drafting of social media content);
- Support the research and advocacy towards European institutions;
- Support the organisation of ECF events, including the European Civic Academy.
The job description gives a general outline of the main tasks and responsibilities and is not exhaustive. This may include contributing to communications materials, proof-reading, taking notes at meetings, assisting with events management or other tasks.
- Enthusiasm for issues linked to fundamental rights, democracy and rule of law;
- Interest in the functioning of the European Union and European policies;
- Experience in the NGO sector;
- Excellent command of English both in writing and speaking (working language);
- Good writing and analytical skills;
- Adaptability, high level of autonomy, good organisational skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in the use of WordPress and mailing tools (especially Mailchimp) is preferable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Post holder will join the permanent staff team based in Brussels (rue du Congrès 13). He/She will be under the responsibility of the Research and Advocacy coordinator.
6 months renewable under a Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle, starting 5th September.
1000 € Gross
Full time position: 38 hours per week (5 days), working hours: 9.00 – 18.00 from Monday to Thursday, 9.00 to 16.00 on Friday. This position requires some flexibility of working hours, mainly due to traveling.
Please send your application (CV and covering letter in EN) by e-mail to Giada Negri (gnegri[at]civic-forum.eu) by 18 July 2022 at the latest.
Please note that we will be able to contact only short-listed candidates.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place during the last two weeks of July.
See the full offer here